The Gem Bag
The edgy cross body or shoulder bag, for the person who loves the planet as much as they love fashion.
Perfectly sized camera-bag style, that suits day to night wear. Made with sustainable materials galore, proudly designed and made by clever craftspeople in Victoria, Australia.
Why can’t your bag be as sustainable as your lifestyle?
Custodians of Our Planet (C.O.O.P) made this bag the perfect size for all your out-and-about needs. Making accessories as sustainable as the rest of your life.
- The outer is made from sustainably farmed, dyed and woven wool- all done in Australia by another Melbourne brand who values sustainability and style.
- The links are made from recycled bottle tops by Precious Plastic Melbourne- in the shape of the C.O.O.P “O”.
- The lining is made from recycled materials like hemp, cotton and plastic.
- An interior zipper to keep your wallet, phone or keys safe.
- Front pocket for your travel card or lip gloss.
- Size- Approximately 26cm L x 16cmH x 10cmW.
- Internal pocket approximately 19cm long,
- Strap Length is 75cm (shortened) extending to 145cm (full length for long cross body)
- C.O.O.P offer repairs for life of bag ( to help you value it and love it and keep it out of landfill )
And they will be recycled through a fabric recycling facility ( Eg TexRecAus or Upcycle) at end of life.
- Made by an exceptional craftsperson in regional Australia ( who just bought the Grey Diamond bag because she also loves them!)
- Designed in Melbourne with Simetrie.
- Spot clean with water and a mild detergent.
- Carefully considered packaging is either reusable, recyclable, recycled, sustainable or compostable.
- With every purchase, you are contributing to the restoration of our Australian and New Zealand forests through Greenfleet Australia. Myself and the Koalas thank you!
Dimensions: 26cm long x 16cm high x 10cm wide
Strap Length: 75cm (shortened) extending to 145cm (full length for long cross body)
Internal pockets: Approimately 19cm long
The outer is made from sustainably farmed, dyed and woven wool- all done in Australia by another Melbourne brand who values sustainability and style.
Fabric: The links are made from recycled plastic bottle tops by Precious Plastic Melbourne- in the shape of the C.O.O.P “O”.
The lining is made from recycled materials like hemp, cotton and plastic.
Zipper: An interior zipper to keep your wallet, phone or keys safe.
Guaranteed for life
Handbags don’t belong in landfill.
That means if your C.O.O.P bag develops a fault or tear at any stage, we’ll take it back for a free repair. And if it can’t be repaired, we’ll recycle it responsibly, and offer you 15% off another bag from our range.
Need help? We’re here
For help with ordering or other questions, get in touch.
Shipping and returns
$13.50 (standard shipping within Australia)
The Gem Bag